|Posted by Michelle Heigelmann on April 1, 2011 at 12:38 PM|
Does this sound familiar?
Your phone is ringing off the hook. You have a jury trial in two weeks, and you haven’t started to research the jury pool yet. You have discovery responses due in three cases, and don’t have answers from your clients, let alone having started the actual responses themselves. You have an appellate brief due on its second extension, and a motion for summary judgment you need to draft and the docket control order says it can’t be filed any later than Friday of next week.
Your paralegal quit two months ago, and you haven’t had time to find a qualified replacement, and you’re not really sure you can afford a full-time employee anyway.
So how do you get it all done?
Houston Virtual Paralegals can provide a great deal of flexibility to your practice, especially when workflow exceeds existing staff capabilities. If your workload is exceptionally heavy, or you are in need of a cost-effective staffing alternative, Houston Virtual Paralegals can work with you on a per-project or task basis, or can be retained at a fraction of the cost of a traditional full-time employee.
Houston Virtual Paralegals provides paralegal and legal secretarial services that lend a high level of experience, skill and expertise to your law practice. Utilizing our services will bolster your flexibility and provide the leverage you need to accomplish tasks, goals and your overall business strategy. Some of the improvements you will quickly realize by utilizing our services include:
• Less stress and division of your attention and energies;
• You can delegate specific procedural work to trained and qualified Houston Virtual Paralegals, thus increasing attorney productivity;
• By utilizing Houston Virtual Paralegals, you can meet the demands of new or increased business without a strain on current staff or their workload; and
• Improved client relationships and work product delivery.
Additionally, as an employer you understand that base wages comprise only part of the cost of maintaining an office staff. Employee benefits are one of the biggest cash drains of your law practice. By engaging the services of Houston Virtual Paralegals, you eliminate the following employer's expenses:
• Federal, state and local payroll taxes
• Insurance benefits
• Vacation benefits
• Sick leave
• Paid parking
• Professional expenses
• Retirement contributions
• Office space
By utilizing Houston Virtual Paralegals, you eliminate the expense of employee benefits and overhead, and are able to bill your client for legal work rendered by us, further reducing costs and increasing profitability.
Utilizing our service also renders win-win billing scenarios for you and your client:
• Your margins on flat-fee cases are increased by delegating procedural work or simple legal tasks to Houston Virtual Paralegals. This leaves you free to perform substantive legal work and the ability to take on more cases.
• On flat-fee cases, delegation of procedural work or simple legal tasks reduces the fees billed to your client. Since paralegal fees are recoverable, you can bill your client at prevailing paralegal rates for your area, resulting in cost recovery for utilization of Houston Virtual Paralegal services and adding to your profits.
Properly utilized, Houston Virtual Paralegals can help with the “heavy lifting” and can become a profit center for your practice. Your client pays lower fees, and you enjoy higher profit margins and reduced overhead.
Houston Virtual Paralegals would like to help you streamline your practice, improve client satisfaction and help you maximize your profits. Call or email us today for a complimentary consultation.